Cajun Spiced Okra
A fat free, spicy okra side dish, perfect served with black eyed peas.
Servings:4. Per Serving (1 Cup): 76 Calories, 0g Fat, 16.2g Carbohydrates, 2.25g Protein, 3.25g Fiber, 2.50g Sugar.
- 1 16oz. Pack Frozen Okra or 4 Cups Fresh Chopped Okra
- 1 Chopped Ripe Roma Tomato or Handful Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Meal
- 2 Tablespoons All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon New Orleans Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Partially thaw the okra if you are using frozen. You can quickly thaw it in the microwave for 1 minute.
In a mixing bowl mix together cornmeal, flour, Cajun seasoning, dried onion, celery salt and garlic powder.
Pour okra and tomato into the mixing bowl with flour and spices and mix together to coat the okra.
Spray baking sheet with olive oil and pour okra onto the sheet. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring half way through the cooking time.
Want to know what others thought about this recipe? Would you like to comment on this recipe? Go to the Cajun Spiced Okra blog entry.