- 1 Recipe of MVC's Seitan (click here for recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 White or Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper, Chopped
- 1/2 Red Pepper, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Gloves, Minced
- 1 8.oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Seitan Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Smokey Paprika
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
Chop the seitan into smaller chunk so that it fits into the food processor and once you get it into the processor, coarsely chop the prepared seitan about 15 pulses.
In a heavy skillet on medium heat add oil, onion, green and red peppers and garlic. Saute until onions are caramelized.
Then add seitan, tomato sauce,seitan broth, sugar, salt, paprika, chili powder, garlic and onion powder and bay seasoning. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Serve with your favorite vegan bun, pickles and vegan mayo.